Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Miis-diagnosis with Type 2 diabetes

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Patdart 
My thoughts are that we need to continue what's working for us anyhow, and the medical community can call it whatever they darn please. We know there's impaired function of some sort in our processing of carbohydrate, and that it isn't going away. About the only thing some of these docs are good for is ordering the lab tests we need & prescribing the meds. Otherwise, they don't know sic 'em about diabetes. The honest ones will admit that they don't know . . . others just evade the issue.

If I were you, Bridget, I'd continue my exercise (swimming is THE BEST!) & low-carb way of eating. Continue monitoring your BGL, and if your doc is inclined to discuss, tell him this is what CONTROL looks like, meaning you haven't changed the nature of the beast, but you have certainly taken control of it.

Hello Pat - welcome to DF. Isn't it weird that medical professionals think we're being obsessive & compulsive when we tend to the diet details that will save our very lives?! And when your A1c came back 6.9, what did the doc say about it? He didn't offer a diagnosis? Incredible! I'm so glad you have a mind of your own! :D :D :D

I hope you have time to visit us often . . . looking forward to getting better acquainted! :smile:

p.s. I'm on Medicare too, and I don't even bother getting the strips prescription - they'll only pay for one test per day, so I pay out-of-pocket too.

Shanny, I'm not new...I've been on here since about July 1 last year and was until yesterday or mid-night a "Member", but I couldn't get on today, so just rejoined giving the same information I did in July and since you are a moderator, I thought you'd want to know about it...no telling how many other members are in the same boat. The sad thing is that I asked about ALA being used and in what dosages and was hoping I'd get some good info about it.
I'm glad you explained it and here is a link for you to contact Bob, our administrator: Contact Us I bet he can find your first account once you give him the name, etc., and might even be able to combine the posts from both so you won't lose any data. He's a great guy - give it a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.