The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Folks,

I recently had a question posed to me: What would you do with your life if you did not have diabetes.

I thought to myself (as I tend to think into multiverse and alternate timelines etc) that I'm sure in some version of reality there is a me that doesn't have diabetes and I wonder what they are doing, but regardless....

When I first left high school, my initial desire for a career was with the military (Marines specifically) but I had been a type 1 for 3 years already by the time I graduated, and I learned fast that no branch of the military would accept me with diabetes and I was marked as 4F (for fail!). Had I not become a diabetic, I would have completely been a military man, them's the breaks.

I started wondering though, do the same rules apply to law enforcement, federal agencies (FBI, CIA, etc etc) and the like? Has anyone with either type 1 or 2 ever investigated career options in a law enforcement realm?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I previously worked for a municipal law enforcement agency and know for a fact that there were several PWD's among their sworn officers - some T1, some T2.

I have been told in the past that the FBI doesn't accept T1's, but that is information received from others. I have no personal knowlege myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.