1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
148 Posts
That is interesting. I've also seen other studies of using ketogenic diet for cancer, but almost all the cases only use a small sample of patients. And there are some folks who find it "cruel" to force cancer patients to eat a keto diet, since they only have so much time left and should indulge. EH.

My dad has lung cancer, but he would probably prefer death over giving up his bowl of rice. He's had diabetes for years as well, never gave up his rice and noodles. There are some people that would give things up to see if it works, but those folks seem to be in the minority. Something I can't comprehend, honestly.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Sorry about your Dad peeka73. Sometimes it's hard to give up something like rice and noodles especially if you've been eating them your whole life.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry about your Dad peeka73. Sometimes it's hard to give up something like rice and noodles especially if you've been eating them your whole life.
Unfortunately yes. He's 72 this year. Hence, change is quite unlikely.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Peeka, don't give up hope. I was 70 and I changed everything required once I believed. Change is possible I promise! :)

And sugar is food to cancer I've read lately. Rice converts as do noodles to instant blood sugar.

Just sayin'

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Unfortunately yes. He's 72 this year. Hence, change is quite unlikely.
Well, I'm 72 and changed a year and a half ago after being diagnosed in 1993 and following the "conventional wisdom" of all of my doctors. It, unfortunately, took me that long to realize that all of the advice I had been given was not working and a visit to Blood Sugar 101 and Dr. Bernsteins book and the help of this forum it didn't take me long to change to a new way of living. I think that a person has to make the decision for themselves though, all anyone can do is point the way.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
So let them indulge ketogenically!!
Yup! After a short adjustment, I find it FAR more "indulgent" than that stupid hummingbird diet we used to eat!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts