The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am newly diagnosed as diabetic (diagnoses 11/2008) and am trying to get my morning numbers lower - my endo wants them less than 120, but I am consistently between 150 - 120, usually in the 130s. I have read all about the DP and how your numbers can be high because of that, and I have tried every trick I have read. My weekend numbers are always lower, and I am starting to wonder if I am taking my sugar too early in the morning - I am usually leaving the house at 5:30am, does anyone think that this is too early? Should I be waiting a bit longer? My afternoon sugars are always just fine, perfect in fact - and I am taking metaformin 500 twice a day. I am super frustrated because I have tried everything - taking my pills as late as possible, having a "midnight" snack, exercising before bed . . . . and so on. I just am looking for any advice! Thank you so much!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Welcome to our site!

Hellothere, welcome to our community! Having a fasting number like 130 is not bad especially when you have great control the rest of the day. I test at 8AM to get my fasting number. I understand your leaving the house early forces you to test early. I suggest that you test at 7AM and see if that is below 120. That would mean not eating until after you have tested though. Is that possible for you with your schedule? If it is then keep testing at that time for your fasting numbers. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts