The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
starting a new thread -- I have used Quackwatch for psychological and neurodevelopmental things in the past -- I have two kids with developmental delays, and have done a fair amount research on therapies and treatments. In my experience, Quackwatch tends to be pretty objective, and provides reasonable criticism of alternative methods of treatment.

Here is a link to what they have to say about MSM. This is an older article, but I haven to been able to find anything published since which convinces me that this treatment has any merit.

I am posting this in all sincerity, for the benefit of all of our forum readers.

Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do in all sincerity hope that anyone reading my thread will approach the use of MSM with great caution, and will consider the literature on its use carefully before attempting to use it.

G

·
Have been trying "so called unconventional" route on my wife's OA which "so called modern medicine" has no solution except to lead to kidney failures if one were to consume the prescribed "PILLS". She has all the "Qualitative" improvements as it's difficult to "Quantify" the level of relief from PAIN and associated discomfort which would satisfy the FDA's ;-).

Glucosamine + Chondrotin+ MSM supplements is on the list to be started after 4 weeks and I am just researching on all the sources of information (good and bad).

Slightly offtopic, Back in the 1990's, the state of Texas tried to take away Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski medical license, claiming he was a fraud. More on this here --> Drs. Stanislaw and Gregory Burzynski on Cancer

The idea here is it's all about Patents and ability to "mint" from those patents and this is what will never allow alternate medicine route to flourish "legally". There will be all sorts of funded campaigns, research , lobbying against, which will get us to see more of "Cholestrol" scams which has been by far the best scam ever even far exceeding the success of Charles Ponzie.

Mother nature gave us everything to live with. It's the Profit Hungry E(Va)mpires that ruined the human body and all this started with "Engineered Oils and fats" ... and their insatiable hunger continues to disease more and more human beings ...

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately, while I do think there is some truth to the greed of the evil empires, Big Pharma, conventional knowledge, etc., I think their evil also opens the door to quackery.

It is easier to point fingers at bigger, more evil scammers, in order to pass off one's own. One more evil in this world.

Good luck, Rusticguy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts