The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all my mum recently passed away, well slipped into a coma I assume? The problem is it's so recent December 19th 2010 I miss her
so much and so do the whole family. Maybe it was my understanding that anyone with Type 1 diabetes would monitor themselves very closely?

I've done some research but to be honest the whole experience has been harrowing, from asking the police to break down the door to saying goodbye at the cemetry. Mum was 63 and only had diabetes
in the last 5 years max.

Maybe there's some explanation for this anyway even if there isn't mums now with dad, the trouble I've lost both within two years.

Respect to all that deal and cope with things.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes there is no explanation why some things happen. I am very close to your mum's age and that scares me to death. My thoughts are with you and your family.

G

·
oh Tony, I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. My condolences to you and your family. I'm not sure what actually happened with your mum in how she looked after herself? But with this disease it's so important to fuel our bodies right. Usually if we do this, we avoid the ketones which can be dangerous (as you know). But we're all different and that's what makes it hard to find the perfect answer for everyone. I do know that sickness can cause this problem too, that's why docs monitor us so closely and they don't like us having infections, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
mums now with dad, the trouble I've lost both within two years.
That's brutal. The death of a parent is searing, and the circumstances of your mum's was hard hard hard.

Welcome to the forum. I hope we can offer you something.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Welcome, Tony. You are in my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hello all my mum recently passed away, well slipped into a coma I assume? The problem is it's so recent December 19th 2010 I miss her
so much and so do the whole family. Maybe it was my understanding that anyone with Type 1 diabetes would monitor themselves very closely?

I've done some research but to be honest the whole experience has been harrowing, from asking the police to break down the door to saying goodbye at the cemetry. Mum was 63 and only had diabetes
in the last 5 years max.

Maybe there's some explanation for this anyway even if there isn't mums now with dad, the trouble I've lost both within two years.

Respect to all that deal and cope with things.
Welcome Tony and I am glad that you found us. I am so sorry for your loss. Both of my parents are still living and are in good health. Please let us know what we can do to help. Peace be with you.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Tony. I am very sorry to hear about this. I have been a diabetic for 65 years and my mother was there for me while I was growing up, and then my wife for the past 46 years. I may have slipped into a coma many times if they had not been there for me during the night. May your parents rest in peace!

Richard

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Tony...I'm at a loss as to what to say except I'm so very sorry for your loss. Perhaps you'll be able to find something on this forum that will give you a measure of relief. My prayers are with you & your family!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm so sorry Tony. It's so agonizing to lose a parent. Prayers going out to you this morning. I lost mom back in November and nothing prepares you for this.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I will say a prayer for you and your family. I hope you can find comfort through this. That is a very tough situation and I'm sorry you had to go through it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.