The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In early September, there was a post on a forum asking for success stories, and giving a contact email address. I figured, what the heck, I think I am a success at my diabetes treatment. It turned out to be for a story in Diabetes Forecast, put out by the ADA. This is the same magazine that our own Richard157 was in (October).

I did a 45 minute phone interview, and some followup emails, and...

I am on page 62 of the December issue. If you don't subscribe and are interested, Barnes and Noble carries it. It goes on sale Dec 1.

They did a pretty good job, things are simplified but all the facts are right.

I am starting my own support group, the nearest is 60 miles away, so I took the magazine article to a local newspaper, they will do a feature article on me, and diabetes, and announce my support group.

-Lloyd

Reactions: Juanita

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
LLoyd is famous!

That is fantastic Lloyd! I am proud of you. All that accomplished in such a short period of time. I wish you the very best with your support group!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey, way to go Lloyd. It's always Great to see success stories whether they are published or not. Especially when we converse with one. I'll be sure to read about you in the Forecast. I can't wait. :)

That's also Good of you to start up a Support Group in your area. Do you have any idea about how many Diabetics are nearby you? Of course, they should come from a Good distance away from you also. Terrific Luck with that project. I really hope that it goes Well for you. Please let us know.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Lloyd is my pumping giru! Lol!

Hi Terrie, I am so happy to see you with us today. I hope things are well with you.

Richard

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi Richard: :)

Thanks Richard! There has been some Good improvement but other things have been running in "slow motion". A little frustrating. But nothing else Bad has happened(touch would) so that's a Plus. Next month another surgery so we don't look forward to that or the long recovery. So much for going away for Christmas. Oh Well, Life happens and thank God it wasn't worst. Thanks for asking. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great job Lloyd .It's wonderful to see people giving back to the community .A support group will help a lot of people i'm sure .Keep up the good work .Bye ricky;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice success story Lloyd ,amazing what people can do when they want . It's good for us to see people that realize there achievement .Specially when you struggle like me to get at 7% HbA1c .Thanks for the example you are giving Bye Ricky

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That's SO exciting Lloyd. To see you in print. :D Really Nice photo of you also. I'm Very happy that you are doing Well. I know it was hard but you zeroed in on the problems/causes, set your mind on your correct course of action, and got the job done. I certainly agree with the low carbing as a way to gain control over many weight problems and Diabetes which in turn helps to alleviate other health problems over all. Good for you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a limited number of copies of the December Diabetes Forecast being sent to me by family and friends, which I can mail out if anyone is interested and unable to get a copy, for cost of the magazine and shipping expenses.

Just send me a private message.

-Lloyd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts