The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
Have you posted in the past what your A1c was? How can I congratulate you on getting it down X amount if I don't remember what it was? LOL.

Your doctor is totally happy, how about you?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Prior to january 2018, my A1C would reflect a lifestyle of FBG in the mid teens.I was not healthy and not doing anything to improve or maintain my health.

Now, I'm consistently seeing single digit FBG mostly in the 6.3-7.2 range. There is still more room for improvement.

At the beginning of March I did a 5 day fast, and numbers as low as 5.2, and as a comparison - my january fast gave me numbers in the 8-11 range in the first week, and 6-8 in the second week...with the 8s more common that the 6s. That was the best I could do at the time.

So I am seeing a general trend of improving FBG since I started to fast. I hope it continues to get better, but I can't see myself willingly going back to my old lifestyle unless I'm falling off the wagon or giving up.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
Well, I'm still guessing at what your A1c was. LOL

I'm assuming this was much improved, so congrats are in order.

Reactions: skypeace

·
Registered
801 Posts
sorry, I don't know what it was, but Im assuming that it was bad.

My recommendation is to find out what that data is and keep track of it. 6 years from now, they won't have it in your records and SOMEONE will want to know (probably you) where you started. This is especially true if you get a new doctor because your old one left/retired/died. BTW, great job at getting it under control! I've considered the fasting thing, but on those occasions where I have had to fast because of a hospital procedure, I get heartburn. Since I'm already taking an acid reflux med, that tells me that it won't work for me at this time. :vs_sad:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I've got lab work coming up, so I look forward to a much lower A1C this time around. Congrats to you.

·
Super Moderator
9,635 Posts
Great work Sue. I think I get more satisfaction on the small, hard fought achievements than those that came my way easily.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Mine was 7.4 at the doc yesterday. Obviously higher, but I was expecting it. BG has been lower in the last week though. Doc has raised my insulin slightly and just cautioned me to test often and adjust as needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts