1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bayer A1CNOW A1c 5.2 % February 6, 2011

ACCU-CHEK AVIVA 30 day average 112 mg/dl, A1c 5.5 %, February 6, 2011

Lab test 1 month ago was 5.9 % , January 5, 2011

Does this look right? or does Bayer A1CNOW tend to read low?

Comments?

ColaJim

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well I've done some with home ones (not at home though but in demonstrations or at abovita care). The one time I got to compare it was lower (a lot lower, by about 5-6). But I simply assume that there was a mistake on the first test since it showed 13!!! Which I knew was impossible... At least with my BG levels...

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I just had one done at the local pharmacy a few weeks ago and it came out 6.7, which I thought was high. My last one was 5.9. My 30 day average was close to 100. So unless I am testing at the wrong times, something I think is amiss. Someone on another forum said that even lab tests can be 20-30% off other labs. So go by your meter average.

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Bayer A1CNOW A1c 5.2 % February 6, 2011

ACCU-CHEK AVIVA 30 day average 112 mg/dl, A1c 5.5 %, February 6, 2011

Lab test 1 month ago was 5.9 % , January 5, 2011

Does this look right? or does Bayer A1CNOW tend to read low?

Comments?

ColaJim

Bayer A1C has a tendency to read low. Now I just use my doctor's lab, I feel confident that his testing is pretty accurate.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Lab > Store

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've used both the Reli On Ac1 and Bayer's A1C Now.
They both appeared to vary as much as .5 from a lab test.
Of course; I've also had them be the exact same as a lab test.

In fact; just look at my sig. ;)

--ET

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I've used both the Reli On Ac1 and Bayer's A1C Now.
They both appeared to vary as much as .5 from a lab test.
Of course; I've also had them be the exact same as a lab test.

In fact; just look at my sig. ;)

--ET
On my insurance coverage, I never pay for lab work so I have decided to just stick with my doctor's lab. Some people feel confident in using kits. Ett, you seem to be really consistant, that is great!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I used the Relion home kit once and it came back at 5.9% when the lab test done 3 days later was 6.2%. I like the home tests once in a while just to see how my control is or isn't progressing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been giving all my family members qucick BG tests and some people A1C tests. I gave my fiance a test and she was 6.5!!! So we freaked out and bought another one and she was 5.9. Still running a bit high for someone thats 125 pounds but I think it demonstrates that these are not the most accurate things in the world. BTW my fiance has been off soda (her only vice) for almost a month now! Gonna check again soon

·
Senior Moment
143 Posts
I did a Reli On HOme A1c test purchased at Walmart on the same day as my GP did a lab test from my arm. here are the results:
Home A1c: 5.8%
Laboratory: 7.0%
Most people agree the lab tests are accurate. I am thinking that the mail order test is a waste of money and blood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts