The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met with the doctor on Friday to discuss my labs. My cortisol was 23.1. The cutoff for their lab is 23. I have googled myself silly and really hope I don't have Cushings Syndrome. It does cause diabetes and anxiety but I think I'd rather just have diabetes and anxiety. I will have to collect my urine for 24 hours and swallow two pills to see if they suppress my levels. Anyway, my c peptide was 1.96 and my GAD 65 was zero. I don't remember exactly what they measure (I am not googling anymore)but he said my pancreas was working great. Really? Then why do I have diabetes? Is it just insulin resistance? He also told me to keep losing weight and I didn't have to be so strict on my diet. He also thought I could drop one of my metformins a day but really don't want to do that until I lose more weight. Thoughts? Encouragement?

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
My cortisol is very high in the mornings according to my endo, but it drops like a rock during the day and she's not worried about it.

Encouragement? You bet! Keep going, gal, you are doing great!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
I suspect both Cushing's syn and dz are underdiagnosed -- I may have one or the other myself. A co-worker had the dz, had surgery and is now monitored for life. We share our endo, and internist. She has to do 24 hr urines annually, but that's about it.

She did not think she had it for yrs before our internist finally diagnosed her. Her blood pressure was by then sky-high. She was seeing an endocrinologist, at the time, too ... but it was our internist who figured it out and ordered the right testing.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect both Cushing's syn and dz are underdiagnosed -- I may have one or the other myself. A co-worker had the dz, had surgery and is now monitored for life. We share our endo, and internist. She has to do 24 hr urines annually, but that's about it.

She did not think she had it for yrs before our internist finally diagnosed her. Her blood pressure was by then sky-high. She was seeing an endocrinologist, at the time, too ... but it was our internist who figured it out and ordered the right testing.
What is DZ?

·
Registered
633 Posts
It is an abreviation for disease or it also could be crones disease.

·
Registered
554 Posts
It is an abreviation for disease or it also could be crones disease.
Do you mean crohn's disease or crones disease ( a woman getting older with a "witchiness" about them)? :D

Reactions: Patdart

·
Registered
554 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts