The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
I had never heard of Manuka honey before but it's interesting and something I am going to research. You know I think if we can get past all the corporate propaganda there is a lot of natural remedies for our aliments.

You guys ever heard of stevia?
Stevia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I looked into this a while ago apparently it is a herb that is a natural sweetner that has no effect on your blood glucose. Also some scientist have found it to help with blood pressure and obesity.

Another interesting thing on the market, though I believe it's man made... Xylitol. You can find this in trident gum and some other brands. My dentist introduced me to this and said if you chew it between meals it will reduce your chances of cavities. He has helped me a lot. I researched it and found that the micro organisms in your mouth get attracted to the Xylitol eat it and end up starving to death.

Just a few thoughts on the off-topic of herbal remedies.

· Registered
90 Posts
Personally I love splenda. My favorite beverage is pepsi one. Unfortunately in my area they stopped selling it for some reason... so if I want it I have to track north 2 hours and bring back a stash of it for a while.

Stevia to me had a herbal flavor to it... Wasn't my favorite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.