The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear All:

my dad is type 2 and has undergone angioplasty. our main problem now is his psoriasis which has again acted up all over his body.

is the psoriasis related to his onset diabetes? he was checked before being admitted to the hospital and his BG is all normal.

your advice would be most welcome.

thanks.

respectfully yours,

MARC

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Marc, sorry to hear that your Dad is in the hospital. I hope they get the psoriasis problem taken care of. I honestly have never heard of any connection between diabetes and psoriasis.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
My sister and I were discussing this just last month when this article came out at diabetes.org . . . Psoriasis, Heart Disease, and Diabetes: What's the Link? - American Diabetes Association

Our mom had all three (heart disease, psoriasis and, in her later years, diabetes), but the psoriasis came first. With her seemed like hormonal changes could really send her psoriasis into overdrive - like every time she was pregnant, it flared up something terrible.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks breeze and shanny...

i have been trying to understand if there's a link... i don't think hormonal changes would be the culprit but i am afraid though that it may be his liver aggravating the psoriasis as he is unable to fend off the slightest of infections coupled with the diabetes...

he is still being screened... we are all keeping our fingers crossed....

have a good one all...

MARC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts