The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title says. My doc isn't impressed. My a1c is back up to 9.8 from 8.4 three months ago. My doctor and CDE both pleaded with me to get all of this under control. My other labs were crazy also. My doc wants to put me in the hospital and keep me for a couple of weeks but with Medicare she can't. We're working on getting me into some therapy for depression. We're working on tweaking my depression meds and I'm going to be working my closer with my CDE and PCP. I'm feeling so overwhelmed. I feel very fortunate to have my friends here and my medical team. My wife will also be a big help. I just wanted to let my friends here know what is going on.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm probably not the best person to reply, since I'm a newbie, but what are you eating that your A1c is so high? Or is it something else, like a med for one thing that's interfering with something else? What's going on?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Just one foot in front of the other, Jeremy . . . you can do this & we're all pulling for you. The depression is working against you, so good thing they're placing a priority on that. Come in here any time if you need to let off steam or just want a friend nearby. There's bound to be somebody around.

Do take care - we're here for you!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi! The good thing is that you are here. It shows you want things to be better :) Depression is another big stupid D word I hate. I am sure with good support you will get results. Take good care. How does the saying go? Little train goes a long way. We're all here to cheer for you!!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sometimes we need to take one day at a time. At my lowest of my lows, at my darkest hour... I couldn't manage more than one hour at a time. That's what I did!

The very best to you!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hi! The good thing is that you are here. It shows you want things to be better :) Depression is another big stupid D word I hate. I am sure with good support you will get results. Take good care. How does the saying go? Little train goes a long way. We're all here to cheer for you!!!!
:(

I too suffer from depression but it is always at it's worst when my blood sugar is high...then the cycle sets in...I don't check my levels and so I get more depressed because my brain won't work well enough to problem solve... viscous cycle

lol sometimes a minute at a time is all I can handle...pffft @ day at a time

I know it's difficult to see your way out of the fog...but a few days of very low carb will help in every possible way...once your brain is clearer you can deal with the depression...but I'd say it was near impossible to get your depression handled until your blood sugar levels are much better

good luck amigo!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I don't know if you're aware of this yet, but in all liklihood, your CDE is also "working against you". Take this under advisement. Don't do anything rash, but the truth of the matter is that the advice they give does NOT help you get your blood sugar under control and only assures that you will need ever-increasing amounts of medications.

In all likelihood, you can control numbers just by what you eat but be forewarned, it is VERY different from what your CDE is telling you and they will most likely strongly disapprove. Do as much reading as you can on this site and you should be able to find all the information you need.

What you eat is the first and by far the most important step. If you do all you can in that area it is possible you may still need insulin to get your blood sugar where it needs to be. However, with the A1Cs mentioned, that is pretty unlikely.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Thanks so much for checking in, Jeremy. You've got a lot of support, a lot of people behind you.

Trite but true: it's always darkest just before the dawn. The Black Dog lets go at some point, so hang on tightly, but not to the bread, gotta let the bread go :)

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
709 Posts
Oh Jeremy I feel for you but you do have so much support from your wife, doc & everyone here, you've done it before so you know what works for You, believe in yourself & kick that black dog back where he belongs!
We'll be here if you need us. Hugs

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been there with the whole depression and D thing....once you get the depression sorted out, which can be a long PROCESS, it gets easier to look after yourself, hang in their it does get better :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts