The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to the Dr.'s on Monday for my first 3 month A1c check. Originally (3 months ago), when I found out I had Type-2 diabetes (for the first time), my A1c was 10.6 and running at over 300+ mg/dl. :eek: My test results came back at 6.0 (134mg/dl) A1c. :happy:

I took my Breeze2 Meter in with me.. and after having them draw blood for the A1c check, we used what was left in the needle and tube. My meter test showed me at 114 mg/dl. :smile:

Recently I've been testing out between the hundred teens and thirties. Once in a while I'll spike upwards to the sixties :mad: .. but most of the time I'm within what I would consider my "normal" range. :happy:

Well that's it from this side of the computer.

Breeze 2 User

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Went to the Dr.'s on Monday for my first 3 month A1c check. Originally (3 months ago), when I found out I had Type-2 diabetes (for the first time), my A1c was 10.6 and running at over 300+ mg/dl. :eek: My test results came back at 6.0 (134mg/dl) A1c. :happy:

I took my Breeze2 Meter in with me.. and after having them draw blood for the A1c check, we used what was left in the needle and tube. My meter test showed me at 114 mg/dl. :smile:

Recently I've been testing out between the hundred teens and thirties. Once in a while I'll spike upwards to the sixties :mad: .. but most of the time I'm within what I would consider my "normal" range. :happy:

Breeze 2 User
Woohoo! Great job! Pat yourself on the back for a job well done :) :whoo::whoo::whoo:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Splendid progress, B2U! Way to go! That's amazing in only three months' time! Give us a little idea of your diet/exercise routine - maybe someone else will find something they can latch onto that has worked for you.

Again - good job!

·
Banned
31 Posts
huy onaughme....huy shanny? huy huy huy,,,,,,,,,,im very happy hihihi

:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
:cheer2: Congrats on the job well done ! :cheer2:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Breeze 2 User
Good for you! You made really good progress! Tell us what worked best for you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks For Your Replies

Thanks Y'all for reading my "Good News" post. I would love to say it was all my doing.. but I'm more willing to believe it was because my Doctor put me on 500mg's of Metformin tabs twice daily.

Of course I guess it also helped that I went from drinking "three" large 28oz mugs of Barq's Root Beer (with 45g's of Carb sugar per 12oz's) when I was working.. and then a additional three or four 12oz cans once I got home...... :(

....... let's see, I think that's somewhere around 500g's of pure sugar carbs per day!! :eek:

I've drastically cut back to where now I might drink only one or two 12oz cans of pop/soda per "WEEK"..!!.. (which I don't drink back to back), but only if I've been good in other respects, ie: "taken my meds, watched what I ate, got a little bit of exercise, etc., etc.".

My exercise, by the way, means I walk our Goldador dog "Ginger" out through the woods, fields and stream where we live. Every once in a while I'll grab my bike and ride it around for awhile.. so I guess that helps out too.

Once again.. Thanks for all your kind words.

Breeze 2 User

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
You sure put that all together in a hurry! Congratulations again awreddy & keep on keepin' on! :cool: And for Ginger - a coupla snuzzles & a tummy scratch . . . ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts