The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! So, today was my first time at the endo's office. I actually didn't see the endo, but I did see the nutritionist. She looked at my numbers for the past 6 weeks and was very pleased. Then came the shocker....since my diagnosis on Nov. 4, I have LOST 27.5 lbs! I knew I had lost some, but I didn't know it was that much! It's obvious to her and I that I have been working hard at keeping my sugars in line and losing weight. Seeing the rewards of my efforts keeps me motivated. I was concerned that it was too much of a loss in 6 weeks, but she said that it's not unusual after the initial diagnosis to lose that much from changing eating habits and reducing carb and calorie intake.

Wow! I'm walking on air. I've tried in the past to lose the weight, but never had much success. The success this time could have to do with a medicine I'm taking for my underactive thyroid, but whatever it is, I'll take it! Now I'm going to try to keep my loss around 1-2 lbs a week. I'm even more motivated now! : )

So, next time I go (in 1 more month) I will see the endo and we'll look at my progress then. Maybe it will be another 5-8 lbs of ugly fat gone!!

Just had to share!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Good grief, woman! You've doubled your weight loss since just LAST WEEK! You are smokin'! :D :D :D Congratulations!

It sure seems like once we get off the carbs for a few days, it's easier to STAY off - I don't miss them like I thought I would. Since I'm on metformin & I know it's an appetite suppressant, I've credited that for the ease of losing . . . as you say - whatever it is, we'll take it! heheh!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
That is excellent Wendy, congratulations!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Congratulations Wendy !! Keep up the good work. Amazing what eating right can do for a person. When I was diagnosed I went home on a mission and lost lots of weight. Make sure your getting in lots of exercise also. And don't be alarmed when you hit a wall in your weight loss. Just stick with it.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Fantastic! Keep it going!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
That is a great weight loss, keep up the good work!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts