The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 76 years old and suffering from Type-2 diabetes fot the last 20 years. I take the prescribed tablets regularly and test blood sugar level every two months. Generally the sugar level is within the tolerable range but occasionally go high. Then I consult my Diabetologist and make adjustments in the dose or sometimes change the drug.
Now I am on Glucored tablets 1-0-1.
My weight is constant at 78 Kgs. My height is 170 cm. The BMI is on the border.
I do walking for 3 km every day but I walk only with moderate speed. I have high BP also for which also I take medicine.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello and welcome to our community. Your English is very good. You say you test your blood sugar every two month. Are you referring to a blood test done at a laboratory or hospital? If that is the test you meant, we call it the A1c test and it gives an average blood sugar reading for a 3 month period. Don't you also test your blood sugar daily at home? How many times do you test at home?

Richard

G

·
welcome Dr Kandaswamy :) having diabetes for 20 years probably means you have lots of experiences to share with us. So you're not on insulin at all? You must be doing really well with your BGLs and pancreas function.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello and welcome to our community. Your English is very good. You say you test your blood sugar every two month. Are you referring to a blood test done at a laboratory or hospital? If that is the test you meant, we call it the A1c test and it gives an average blood sugar reading for a 3 month period. Don't you also test your blood sugar daily at home? How many times do you test at home?

Richard
Dear Mr.Richard, Thank you for your kind comment on my English. I don't have a Glucose Monitor at Home since good quality monitors and accompanying test paper strips are a bit expensive in India.

I do all my tests in the lab only. Locally we determine BGL at fasting and post prandial normally. HbAiC is done once in a while only. Depending on one's History, the frequency of BGL testing is varied. Once a month is common and I do it sometimes after two months also.
My fasting sugar level is around 120 mg/ml and PP sugar level is around 150. My doctor says, it is a good control.

Hope to participate more often. Bye.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.