The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my husband was hungry. Like ALL DAY, no matter what he ate. I recalled that he has been in the bathroom every time I wanted to use it the past few days. So I whipped out my meter and tested him: random, been a while since he ate 140. I tested him 2 hours after supper: 160. I tested him before bedtime last night: 115. I tested him first thing this morning, a good 8 or 9 hour fasting reading: 127.

This morning he confessed that he has been extra thirsty lately.

It looks to me like he has just slipped over into type 2 diabetes, and it has been caught as early as mine was. We'll know more after we see our doctor.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
That's the pits, but I'm sure glad you're paying attention & can get him diagnosed & treated promptly! Keep us posted, Cathy, and tell him 'welcome from us, to the club you never wanted to join'. :(

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Yesterday my husband was hungry. Like ALL DAY, no matter what he ate. I recalled that he has been in the bathroom every time I wanted to use it the past few days. So I whipped out my meter and tested him: random, been a while since he ate 140. I tested him 2 hours after supper: 160. I tested him before bedtime last night: 115. I tested him first thing this morning, a good 8 or 9 hour fasting reading: 127.

This morning he confessed that he has been extra thirsty lately.

It looks to me like he has just slipped over into type 2 diabetes, and it has been caught as early as mine was. We'll know more after we see our doctor.
That fasting reading of 127 is high enough for a diabetes diagnosis. Let us know what your doctor says.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts