Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

My introduction

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  breezeonby 
#1 ·
I've been here for a while now. Haven't made many posts yet, but I've done so without any proper introduction. So I guess it's about time to do so.

My names is Vytautas Šetkus (the name is easy to mispronounce to English speakers and some might not see my surname first letter). I am currently 20 years old (born 1989 Dec 5) and have had diabetes since 1994. I live in the capital of Lithuania, Vilnius. I went to 2 schools (first it was a 12 year school from which I transferred after 8 years to a gymnasium which is from 9th grade to the end). I am currently studying in Vilnius University in the field of Physics (currently on my 3d year out of 4).

I have a group of diabetic friends who together with me are in the same diabetic "club". I have been trained to manage my own diabetes with doctors interference only when absolutely necessary (that means that all bolus and base corrections are done by me and not my doctor, unless my body requires a complete overhaul of my insulin dosages). I've experimented quite a bit. With alcohol, various foods and dosage variations.

I hope to be of some use in the forums and pick up a few ideas at the same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.