The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working here for several years. Store was just taken over by new management who wont allow us to carry water bottles with us anymore due to possible damage to merchandice. I have try to talk to top boss and several lower ones who all say no. They tell me if people see me carrying water than others will try to also without understanding that I have a special circumstance and than the bosses will have to constantly be telling people to get rid of their water. Is there anything I can do such as get doctor reccomendation or are there any worker laws that may help me. Thank You. Jennifer

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have been working here for several years. Store was just taken over by new management who wont allow us to carry water bottles with us anymore due to possible damage to merchandice. I have try to talk to top boss and several lower ones who all say no. They tell me if people see me carrying water than others will try to also without understanding that I have a special circumstance and than the bosses will have to constantly be telling people to get rid of their water. Is there anything I can do such as get doctor reccomendation or are there any worker laws that may help me. Thank You. Jennifer
Hi Jennifer, if you are able to get your doctor to write a letter explaining why you need the water, such as it helps to lower your blood sugar, then perhaps your boss will allow you to have it. There are laws in place for people with disabilities in the workplace. I am not sure if your situation would qualify. You might want to talk to a lawyer who is experienced in disability law. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts