1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

Here's my LCHF journey so far...

Long story short:

• Dx'd as Type-2 diabetic a year before (March 2015)
  • Was on combination meds (glimepiride, metformin and voglibose) till March 2016
  • Was on High Carb Low Fat diet from March 2015 to March 2016
  • I have had very bad experience with SU drugs especially with glimepiride
  • On the anniversary month of my diabetes, I was enlightened :D and decided to take things in my own hands, started looking for healthy alternatives, stumbled upon 'diabetesforum', adopted LCHF diet since April 2016 and quit meds altogether
  • As soon as I started LCHF diet, I started seeing the positive results from day 1!
  • Came to a conclusion that, LCHF diet is sustainable and I can live with this diet for long long time
  • Everyday is a learning for me and I am still experimenting
  • I test my blood sugar 3 times a day
  • My PPBS numbers have greatly improved (PPBS since LCHF diet, avg 105 -115 mg/dL - 2 hr post food consumption)
  • My FBS numbers are improving, still there's a room for further improvements (FBS since LCHF diet avg 95-105 mg/dL)
  • I am now on grain free diet most of the days and I cheat once or twice in a month, when I cheat I take Metformin 1g IR, it works for me
  • Started intermittent fasting, it's been more than 3 weeks I have been skipping my breakfast, Bulletproof coffee + 2 spn VCO + some crushed ginger works as a fuel for me from 7:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
  • ACV, Bitter Gourd juice have helped me a lot and they are part of my daily diet routine
  • I now use butter, clarified butter (ghee), CO and VCO abundantly. I didn't have issue adopting VCO since, I am used to CO from my childhood, CO was the primary cooking oil in my home and lately it was discontinued because of rumors spread by food giants who promote their PUFA loaded oils, CO is back in my life.
  • Due to my work nature, I at times have to stay awake till late night and I do not get enough sleep, if I can get a fix on sleeping pattern, I am sure, it will have positive impact on my blood sugar readings
  • Recently, I have started taking ALA, Astaxanthin, BSO (Black Seed Oil) and fish oil caps
  • My A1c was 7.5 (Jan 2016) and after 3-5 months of LCHF diet, my current A1c has come down to 6 :)
  • My lipid profile numbers are not that great at present but I am sure, they will settle gradually. HDL has improved, TG shot up 302! I am consuming garlic cloves in the empty stomach to bring TG down, heard that garlic helps is regulating TG.
  • I was around 95- 97 KG (March 2016), nowadays I weigh 82-84 KG :)
  • Although I am not that active on this forum nowadays, I felt that, I need to express my gratitude. Diabetesforum is the source of LCHF journey. My sincere thanks to Diabetesforum and it's members for their initial guidance and encouragement.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
It's always good to hear from folks who come here, make the necessary changes, and have become successful in managing their diabetes. Kudos to you for doing the necessary work. And thanks for the good report. It encourages the rest of us.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's always good to hear from folks who come here, make the necessary changes, and have become successful in managing their diabetes. Kudos to you for doing the necessary work. And thanks for the good report. It encourages the rest of us.
Thanks for the kind words

Sent from my Coolpad Note 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts