The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody ,

I,m a man with diabetes type 2 since 8/2009 .
I do not take med but adhere to some kind of fruit , veg and low carb food in general .
This is the 3rd time I got my A1c below 6 , now 5.4,
My Q is for how long can keep it well if I keep it this way
Thanks for all

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Unless your numbers are swinging wildly but still averaging out in these low A1c readings, I see no reason why "what's next" shouldn't be "keep on keepin' on". Do you test yourself every day? Do you know your fasting and postprandial levels? Tell us more about how you manage your diabetes.

And welcome to DF - I hope you'll be visiting often.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Shanny , I do test daily and my recent fasting figure was 96 and my average post meal readings is 120 but this is done
without regular physical activity
All the best

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I would think by adding a little exercise and cutting out the fruit that you could probably lower it even further. My fasting range from 80-100 and post meal go from 100-115 and my last HbA1c was 5.3. My goal is 5.0. I think 5.4 is great, though.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hello everybody ,

I,m a man with diabetes type 2 since 8/2009 .
I do not take med but adhere to some kind of fruit , veg and low carb food in general .
This is the 3rd time I got my A1c below 6 , now 5.4,
My Q is for how long can keep it well if I keep it this way
Thanks for all
Hello and welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information on here so read what interests you. If you can't find something, just do a search in the white box on the forum page. I hope you have the time to visit often and take care. Lower your carbs a little bit more and maybe your next A1C will be lower. Good luck!

O

·
0 Posts
welcome Mykmah :) it sounds to me like you have good control. Just keep eating well and revising what you're doing. Regularly testing is the key too.
Keep us posted on how you're doing. Lots of support here too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts