2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new A1C numbers in comparison to my last numbers:

A1C Old/New...........5.8/5.2
Triglycerides ...........151/109
HDL.........................30/35
LDL..........................97/77
Cholesterol...............158/129

My cholesterol and LDL numbers now register as LOW according to the report, lol. I have slightly high Fibrinogen levels (should be between 200-400mg/dl but I'm at 441. Also a bit high is my ALT (SGPT) number which should be between 6-43 but stands at 53 (although the Mayo Clinic points out that the range is debatable and will often encompass my 53.

I've lost a further 4 inches (10cm) off my waist and have lost a total of 46lbs since April. When I tale my doc that my BG levels are always between 4.2 and 5.9, he promptly said "That is ALL due to the exercise you do". Silly, Doc. You still don't want to acknowledge the LCHF diet's affects!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Great job! You have worked hard to get those good numbers. With all that weight lost, you will be needing an entire new wardrobe :)

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great job! You have worked hard to get those good numbers. With all that weight lost, you will be needing an entire new wardrobe :)
Haha, so true! I was smart enough to think ahead though and kept all my smaller sized clothing. Every year that I got fatter, I would tell myself that I will keep the old clothes because Im eventually going to lose weight (optimistic dreaming at that time).

Thank you all for the kind words!

Despite that my Doc is silly, he is good and is always willing to overlook my diet and not lecture me about it. However, my fight to get off statins is looking good now that I officially have Low Cholesterol levels! I wonder what his excuse will be to not take me off them.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
5.2 ?? I am jealous! :) But jealous in a good way!

And way to go on the continued weight-loss!! Congrats!!

I'm stunned more Dr's in Sweden aren't on the LCHF bandwagon, considering medical science there doesn't seem as entrenched as it is here... Hopefully he'll come around too.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Duuuuuude - that's tremendous!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
beefy said:
5.2 ?? I am jealous! :) But jealous in a good way!

And way to go on the continued weight-loss!! Congrats!!

I'm stunned more Dr's in Sweden aren't on the LCHF bandwagon, considering medical science there doesn't seem as entrenched as it is here... Hopefully he'll come around too.
Thanks Beefy! Actually, when you consider that almost 1/4 of the population here follows a LCHF diet of some sort, it's even more amazing.

@ moon thanks! Its great having this forum full of friends to turn to when they're needed. :)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Canadiandude, that is sooooooo wonderful!!!!!!!! I am so very happy for you! See? This just proves hard work and LCHF diet works! It certainly gives me hope that I will be celebrating (fingers crossed) at the end of November. I'm rather scared, but hopeful.

Keep up the good work!

Hugs!:whoo::whoo::whoo::hippie:

·
Registered
741 Posts
awesome! you must feel fab!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
hey CD, This is awesome. I'm so happy for you.... You have done a great job. Now that you have this under control never let it go up again !

Ditto on the wardrobe of different sizes. My wardrobe has trousers from waist size of 34 to 44 inches. I never threw them out, thinking I would fit into them one day. I'm now back to a 40 hoping to go much lower !

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey CD, This is awesome. I'm so happy for you.... You have done a great job. Now that you have this under control never let it go up again !

Ditto on the wardrobe of different sizes. My wardrobe has trousers from waist size of 34 to 44 inches. I never threw them out, thinking I would fit into them one day. I'm now back to a 40 hoping to go much lower !
Tony, the really funny thing is that so many of my non-diabetic friends have also started on a LCHF diet after seeing the results first hand with me. Most of them are female but I have one male friend who, on Monday, asked if he could have all my size 38 pants since he has gone down to that size and I and now at a 32.

You'll get to wear those 34s again, just wait and see!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Tony, the really funny thing is that so many of my non-diabetic friends have also started on a LCHF diet after seeing the results first hand with me. Most of them are female but I have one male friend who, on Monday, asked if he could have all my size 38 pants since he has gone down to that size and I and now at a 32.

You'll get to wear those 34s again, just wait and see!

Give away your 38s now. You will never wear them again, Im sure !

I just threw away the 44s and 42s. I'm never going back there !

And I'm targetting to go lower than the 34 this time !

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
My new A1C numbers in comparison to my last numbers:

A1C Old/New...........5.8/5.2
Triglycerides ...........151/109
HDL.........................30/35
LDL..........................97/77
Cholesterol...............158/129

I've lost a further 4 inches (10cm) off my waist and have lost a total of 46lbs since April.
Fabulous, fabulous, FABULOUS :clap2: :party: :grouphug:

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Clea! I just tried on my fall and winter jackets and I need to go shopping! I absolutely swim in them. Looks like my friend get a new wardrobe while I have to buy new clothes.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Congrats!

i hear you on the pants. i had to toss all my 44/42's i wear size 30 now, might be able to a 28 if i tried ll

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Eric, the best part was seeing the look on my docs face when he saw I had low cholesterol. That was his whole argument for keeping me on statins.

@Miggitz - I can't see whey it won't as Shanny said but you would be better consulting some of the Type 1s like Richard for advice on that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts