The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fasting: 121 well, okay. I was high last night and could not get down, but by bedtime, I was at 98. I even threw away a Novolog pen and started a new one for this morning.

9:30 am 146; 3U from the new Novo

I slept like 2 hr. I thought it was allergic sinus, but maybe it is more?

Because I woke up, ate a cold artichoke with mayo (never affected me before!), and was at 154 at 4:15 pm. Another 3U, 1 g of cheese and some almonds.

5:55: 156 and added 4 MORE units. Good thing I will be staying up for a while, that seems like a lot of insulin for me. But I had the same problem last evening with the old pen.

So I know my stinkin' Levemir is wearing off early, but ... GEEEEEEEEEZ, can't I have a break? This is getting to be really frustrating!!!

Just griping. Thanks for reading!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Well ... $#)%(@)_%&$_)($#*#)@&%)$(^*#$^& !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Maybe you have an infection or catched a cold?
My bloodsugar is completely out of any logic behaviour if I`m sick.
That`s really annoying. I mean, isn`t it enough to cope with diabetes or an infection, but no, for us that means double trouble (at least in my body).
Hope you gain control very soon:)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I am having allergic sinus issues, rinsing and still not opening up. UGH.

But ... today promises more of same.

Waking 118; 3 hr later, 130 after just COFFEE w/ cream + almond milk. Not fun. I am running through test strips like mad, too.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I've had a mild sinus allergy the last few weeks. It is not bad enough to slow me down but just hangs in the background. My bgs have been unpredictable. One day my fasting is 100, the next 125. I do think it is hard to predict how much glucose our liver produces when we are fighting off an infection. I finally stopped worrying about it, since the stress will also make it worse. Also I have been exercising less because it has been really cold here and 7 out of the las 8 days have been rainy. I always find that as the seasons change it takes my bgs awhile to readjust.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
The fall allergy season has got me too. Thankfully the congestion didn't come with it. But my EYES! Itchy burny eyes - frequent face washings during the day to remove whatever allergens - and applications of my prescription drops - helps a bit, not sure not enough. All I want to do is close 'em, but if I lean back & do that, I'm asleep in three seconds! :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Also I have been exercising less because it has been really cold here and 7 out of the las 8 days have been rainy. I always find that as the seasons change it takes my bgs awhile to readjust.
Jwags -- don't you just love the great old N.E. Ohio weather! -- makes it very hard to exercise outside -- maybe our blood is just getting cold and damp!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts