The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I, was first diagnosed with "PANIC ATTACK AND ANXIETY" And was prescribed "PAROXETINE", that was back in 1990. No to mentioned how devastating and horrible to get myself adopted to the medicine. Aa years com by and I was contouring to use my medicine and had diversity of symptoms; depressions, hallucinations, and trying to put up with those. Sometime latter I discovered that I most of the time had dried mouth to discover that my diabetes level as doctor told me 1052mg/dl. The doctor first prescribed me insulin injections 2 doses every 12 hours. Later I tested my bankeriase by stopping taking those injections doses and my level went 400mg/dl. Another doctor suggested me to take metformin tablets (BP) 500 mg three times a day. It worked fine as I, am an athlete and went fantastic as my level settled to average of 150mg/dl. Because my panic attack and anxiety feels with neurons I always think that whenever my diabetes level is upset and this towards higher level that sometime I, feel hungry and wanted to eat but can't due to my diabetes level read 250mg/dl. What is maximum use of metformin dosage? By the way I had 10 hours fasting test and the record was 140mg/dl

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
1052 mg/dl? That's an astonishingly high level that seems unlikely to suddenly pop up out of nowhere. It'd be a real tragedy if you were an undiagnosed diabetic for 10 years and the panic attacks were actually symptoms of hypo and hyperglycemia. I hope getting down to more normal bg numbers has at least lessened the contribution.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Isac

stress (when you panic) can lead to high blood sugars
and
high blood sugars can also lead to stress

Congrats on getting your sugars low. You are just a short distance away from what the normal levels should be. Aim for fastings under 100 and post meals under 140. This should get you to an average sugar level in the low 100s

How are you managing your diet and lifestyle ?

I am a type 2 so not your best guide but I do know you can eat (and should) even if your BG is 250. Thats the time when you eat cheese and fiber stuff. How about mushrooms or chicken in a really creamy cheesy white sauce ?

By the where are you from ? The maximum dosage for metformin in my country is about 2500 mg per day

·
Registered
235 Posts
The maximum dosage for metformin Extended release in my country is about 3000 mg per day In Australia. I have asked 2 Doctors and 1 pharmacist on this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
panic attack and anxiety vs.diabetes

The maximum dosage for metformin Extended release in my country is about 3000 mg per day In Australia. I have asked 2 Doctors and 1 pharmacist on this.
Thank you all
I, am from Saudi Arabia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts