Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Namaste - Greetings to All

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  keanusmith 
#1 ·
Good Afternoon Members - or Good Morning depending on where you are :)

I am Rad Warrier, a new member from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. It was quite accidentally that I landed in this forum today. And thanks to Granny Shanny, I decided to stay here.

I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic roughly 5 years ago in October 2005. I keep my blood sugar levels most of the time within reasonable levels through eating moderately (AKA portion control - sorry, no low carbing :)), doing regular exercise and medication (750 mg of Metformin per day). Have to admit that blood sugar levels shoot up to unreasonable levels once in a while (but on rare occasions only) mainly because of occasional unreasonable eating:(. I also take supplements like Vitamin D3, Omega3, and Calcium because members in other diabetes related forums frightened me into taking them :).

I am an electronics communication engineer working as a senior systems design engineer in the field of satellite communication. My wife, who used to be a teacher, does not work now. My son, like me, is an engineer and is working in another part of Canada. His wife is doing her Masters program in engineering (too many engineers in the family :).

After this somewhat long introduction, let me wish you all happiness, good health and of course wealth, in that order.

Best Wishes,
Rad

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice to meet you Rad. Glad you found us here and I look forward to getting to know you :) Always nice to have another voice to share here :)

Many blessings returned to you and yours also :)

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum Rad! Glad that you joined us. Visit often!

#7 ·
Hello Everybody

Hi,

I am Keanu Smith form CA. I have joined this forum and i am new. I would like to share my views with you.

My family members all have diabetes. And i am still away of it. But i am not sure if i will also get it. I have been doing all the things to avoid it but still i would like to know if can also get diabetes. what i should do to avoid it....

I hope you would like this information. Will get back to you soon.

Thanks and Regards.

#8 ·
We really cannot answer your question without information. What kind of diabetes do your family members have? Are those members parents or siblings? Are they uncles, aunts or cousins? Do you have some of the symptoms of diabetes?

You should start a new discussion in the "Introduce Yourself" forum. You could copy this post and supply the extra information when you open that new discussion. Not many people will see it here but starting your own discussion will draw much more attention.

#9 ·
Please Suggest

Hello,

Thank you for your valuable reply. I will do the same what you have asked me to do.

But there is little information that i can share is.

My father had Type 2 Diabetes and expired due to that two months before due to sudden stroke , and mother has Type 1 Diabetes which she has from 5-6 years. My grandmother also had diabetes and she had problem in her legs which prone her to death.

No my aunt has Diabetes Type 2 and my other cousin age 30-32 years have diabetes Type 2. Also one of my other cousin has Diabetes Type 2.

I rather don't have more symptoms but yes I am little obese. My weight is 141.09 lbs. Is it normal?

Thanks and Regards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.