The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We in New Zealand have had a devastating earthquake in the city of Christchurch in the south island, as you may have heard.

It really brings home the fact: are you ready for a natural disaster should one strike? If there was no drinkable water or shops to buy food or pharmacies to go to, would you be able to survive?? I am in the process of getting a kit together, including all my drugs and insulin etc needed if a disaster should hit us and I urge all people out there with health problems, especially diabetes to get together a survival kit.

You never know when these acts of God are going to strike or where so be prepared!!!

:eek:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
We in New Zealand have had a devastating earthquake in the city of Christchurch in the south island, as you may have heard.

It really brings home the fact: are you ready for a natural disaster should one strike? If there was no drinkable water or shops to buy food or pharmacies to go to, would you be able to survive?? I am in the process of getting a kit together, including all my drugs and insulin etc needed if a disaster should hit us and I urge all people out there with health problems, especially diabetes to get together a survival kit.

You never know when these acts of God are going to strike or where so be prepared!!!

:eek:
I hope that everything gets back to normal soon! I would be prepared as far as my meds and insulin and probably food. Water, I would need. I will get some bottled water at my next trip to the grocery store. Thanks for reminding us! Good point!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Even just a lengthy power outage can create major problems, depending when & where it happens.

Good post, SA - thanks!

·
Banned
11 Posts
Re:

Well.. preparing for such a stuff is really devastating and may be who knows what will happen when? Its really awestruck to go through these situation..!!

G

·
Disaster and Food/Water

Some religions preach storing enough food, water, etc., and other things for the members of a family to be able to live on them for a year. More realistically it could be from three to six months.

In today's economy (with the job situation as it is.. or the lack there of), nine months to a year might be more appropriate.

Breeze 2 User

1 - 5 of 5 Posts