The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I received a letter from my insurance company stating they now only support Accu-Chek meters and strips. I must choose between the Accu-Chek Guide or the Accu-Chek Avia meters. Each uses different strips. The Guide strips do publish accuracy specs. However, I cannot find accuracy specs on the Avia Plus strips. Does anyone know which strips are most accurate? Does anyone know which meter is the better? Thanks.

https://www.accu-chek.com/meters

https://www.accu-chek.com/test-strips

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Meters really do no matter to me, what matters is the cost of the strips! They can get very expensive especially if you are testing frequently. When I began on LCHF I bought 600 to 500 strips on each order. So buy your meter by the cost of the strips. Regardless, I get all my supplies on line and I shop prices their too...

Meter accuracy has to be within a set range to be offered publicly. I have had 2 or 3 different meters over the years, and they are have worked well and given me similar consistent readings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Meters really do no matter to me, what matters is the cost of the strips! They can get very expensive especially if you are testing frequently. When I began on LCHF I bought 600 to 500 strips on each order. So buy your meter by the cost of the strips. Regardless, I get all my supplies on line and I shop prices their too...

Meter accuracy has to be within a set range to be offered publicly. I have had 2 or 3 different meters over the years, and they are have worked well and given me similar consistent readings.
I hear you about the cost of the strips. My insurance company is forcing me to switch meters because they won't pay for the OneTouch strips, but will pay for the Accu-Check strips.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received my Accu-Chek meter yesterday. I am amazed at how painless the lancet device is with the Accu-Chek meter. I am very happy with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts