The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or maybe I just need a new brain? :eek:

I can send private messages but it seems I can't receive any unless the people are on my friends list. I thought I had figured out how to change it but it doesn't work. Help? :frusty:

Thanks!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Go to UserCP, of course, then to Settings & Options > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification > Private Messaging. Check the paragraph right beneath the "enable PMs" box, and be sure the little box on that blurb about contacts & moderators is NOT checked. I have a sneaking suspicion this is what you've already done, and if so, we'll report to Bob that there's more amiss here than we can fix by ourselves. But I'll still cross my fingers for this to work. :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A thousand thank yous! :)

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
...or maybe I just need a new brain? :eek:

I can send private messages but it seems I can't receive any unless the people are on my friends list. I thought I had figured out how to change it but it doesn't work. Help? :frusty:

Thanks!
I think I also may need a new brain, I can send private messages to someone on my friends list, but cannot receive one - but then again maybe they didn't answer.....oops never thought of that. I know sometimes I don't even see the notification that I have a PM with this new format :(

G

·
I think I also may need a new brain, I can send private messages to someone on my friends list, but cannot receive one - but then again maybe they didn't answer.....oops never thought of that. I know sometimes I don't even see the notification that I have a PM with this new format :(
Go to User CP > Edit Options. Scroll down to Private Messaging and check the box that says 'Show new Private Messaging Popup'. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I need help

What kind of help do you need? I bet you that the forum will be most willing to help, I am at a loss as to your question or needs.`Please outline and thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts