The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I had my yearly blood work and the dr said my blood sugar reading was 108 and she gave me a one touch ultra two blood tester to test my sugar levels. I finally got the nerve up to test myself and the reading said 128. Is this high? Should I be worried? I took it a couple hours after I ate lunch.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Seahawkfan02 said:
Hi everyone!
I had my yearly blood work and the dr said my blood sugar reading was 108 and she gave me a one touch ultra two blood tester to test my sugar levels. I finally got the nerve up to test myself and the reading said 128. Is this high? Should I be worried? I took it a couple hours after I ate lunch.
I would test 1 hour after eating to get the true spike

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hi everyone!
Yes, that's a little high - especially for two hours later. Mindy is right - check one hour after meals to get the spike.

G

·
welcome :) yeah 128 (7.1) is a little high. Do you know what your fasting BGL is? (when you wake up in the morning before eating/drinking). Has your doc actually diagnosed you as pre-diabetic with the 108 reading? Basically keep up the testing numerous times daily, especially to figure out what foods are best for you. There's loads of info and support here. Ask anything you want and I'm sure one of us will have an idea. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Without knowing what you ate and what your pre meal number was it is hard to make a judgement on your after meal number. As a diabetic we are expected to keep 2 hour post meal bgs 120-140. A normal non diabetic would never be that high, probably below 100. As a Type 2 diabetic I do everything I can to keep my bgs closer to a normal person. So I aim for 110 or under, preferably under 100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts