The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I tried a no nothing salad dressing and although the taste was above average, the main ingredient is triple filtered water. It pours just like water and you need a spoon to eat it. I am looking for something with little to no carbs but I don't mind it having some fat in it. I like creamy french, creamy italian and ranch. Any ideas? Is there an ingredient that I can add to the no nothing salad dressing?

·
Banned
3 Posts
Wonderful choices

breezeonby, if you are looking for food ideas or for salad dressing tips, i'll advise you to try out the wonderful and tasty ideas in the vegan cookbook "A Taste of Vitality" by Mark Foy. He is a nice guy: dedicated to educating people about vegetarian diets and will be pleased to help you incase you will still need help after reading the book. The best part is that the book is free. I hope this help you. Tell me how it goes.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
breezeonby, if you are looking for food ideas or for salad dressing tips, i'll advise you to try out the wonderful and tasty ideas in the vegan cookbook "A Taste of Vitality" by Mark Foy. He is a nice guy: dedicated to educating people about vegetarian diets and will be pleased to help you incase you will still need help after reading the book. The best part is that the book is free. I hope this help you. Tell me how it goes.
Thank you for the tip. I will get this book!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I like Kens Italian very lo carb and real tasty. 29g has 1 g of carb

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
And welcome aboard, Mordi/Salem . . . thank you for joining us and I hope you'll come around often to get better acquainted. Good to meet you!

take care,

·
Banned
3 Posts
Shanny,
thank you for welcoming me aboard. Salem means peace; that's my username. My name is Mordi and once again, thank you for your hospitality!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why put sugar in salad dressing in the first place (who wants a sweet salad)? I make my own. Equal parts olive oil and balsmaic vinegar (I usually make a batch to last a couple of days so I use about 1/2 cup of each). 1 tsp of minced garlic, 1 tsp dijon mustard, some dried herbs (oregan, basil, thyme, etc,), some black pepper. Pour it into a old salad dressing bottle that you've washed out. Shjake and serve. Cheap delicious and salt/sugar free.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I stumbled into a good one this week too . . . I was in a hurry & I don't care for sweet dressings either. But I always have a jar of mayo in the fridge and I always have a jar of diced or sliced pickled jalapenos.

So in my haste, I just thinned a little mayo with some jalapeno juice & dumped it on my salad. It was really splendid! Not spicey hot, just nice & flavorful. The salad consisted of mixed greens, kale, grated cheddar & bacon bits. I also added a sprinkle of sunflower kernels & whole flax seed. It was just the best darn salad I've had in awhile! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts