The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I discovered Coconut Oil last year when I went on a more organic diet. Although it is a saturated fat, it is a medium chained fatty acid which can be burned for energy. Many of us have used it to cook with, bake with or even stir it in our coffee. Since I have been using it I have noticed my bgs are a lot more stable, I don't get huge liver dumps as much as I got them before. I usually mix it with my almond butter and spread on a WASA of GG Brancrisp. If I am stir frying veggies or meat I melt a few tablespoons in the pan. It also makes a killer fudge. Check the recipe section.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jwags, Im new and Maybe mad at the moment,and Ive thrown myself into the low carb diet only eating Veggies & Protein at every meal, Havant eaten any sweet stuff for 16 days, I feel great, but its really early days, Ill check out the Coconut oil, cheers

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Hi everyone, I keep seeing( 3 T of Coconut Oil daily) on peoples profiles can you enlighten me?

I'm glad you asked this question because even though I've been here for awhile, I didn't know why the people here use the coconut oil. Good deal as we both learned something. Thanks jwags.:)

Reactions: d33na

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Another great use of coconut oil is making your own low carb chocolate. It tastes great, is low carb and ... helps with regularity. :D

1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup heavy cream
150 mg pure stevia (or use any sweetener and add to taste)

Put the cocoa, sweetener and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave it until the coconut oil melts. Whisk until it's fully mixed and then add the heavy cream and whisk some more. Pour into a mini muffin tin (or silicone/paper baking cups) and stick it in the refrigerator to set.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
It's a way to get in the extra fat we need to control our diabetes. You can find it in some grocery stores and most health food stores sell it. It acts as many things, but I find it really lowers my appetite.

Some add it to their coffee, some cook with it, others do what I do and just eat to from the spoon like kids do peanut butter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts