The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I need to increase my vegetable intake, but I really don't know any "exciting" way to do that. I do like to snack on raw celery, carrots, kohlrabi and turnips. I also add celery, carrots, onions and tomatoes to soups that I make. I do love canned green beans. What do any of you do to make eating vegies tasty and easy to do?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think I need to increase my vegetable intake, but I really don't know any "exciting" way to do that. I do like to snack on raw celery, carrots, kohlrabi and turnips. I also add celery, carrots, onions and tomatoes to soups that I make. I do love canned green beans. What do any of you do to make eating vegies tasty and easy to do?
maybe we should post more recipes?

I have many wonderful recipes, but in Belgium we count in grams and milliliters. Would that be a problem?

Reactions: GrandmaMisti

·
Registered
6 Posts
Raw vegetables and fruits smoothies

One of the best suggestions i can give you is to start making yourself RAW vegetables and fruits smoothies. You can make them taste how you want and not be bothered with the lousy taste of raw vegetables. I use ice cream at least once a day. Other times I use yogurt, apple cider, or strawberries and other ingredients that suits my fancy. Butter pecan ice cream is my favorite with raw vegetables and fruit smoothie. The pecans are not even noticed in the smoothie. It just depends on how long you blend in on the puree setting. You know you need the vegetables; so while not get them in a smoothie.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Some things I do with vegetables: I like to add almonds to my green beans, as they make it seem more special. You can also try endamame (soy beans) steamed. They make a good snack or side dish, just add a little olive oil, sea salt and pepper. I also make a cauliflower rice, which is steamed cauliflower that is grated to rice consistency. Doesn't have a lot of taste, so it works well as a rice side. I've also made a veggie fried rice with this adding scrambled egg, soy sauce and scallions. I also enjoy grilled asparagus, I just drizzle it with EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) salt and pepper and place on the grill for a few minutes. You can tie little bundles with a strip of chive to make it look even fancier when serving.

I also like to julienne zucchini strips and beets to put on top of my salad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.