The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
I am re introducing myself to the group as I have not been logged in for quite awhile.
I have diabetes 2 due to a heart transplant in 2006 and due to the meds involved. Also picked up asthma due to a supressed immune system.
In 2009 I was diagnosed with colon cancer and spent the better part of 2010 in chemo and radiation.
Since then I have been having problems keeping my blood sugars stable and where I want them. I have slowly been gaining weight and and having to increase my Novalog and Lantus insulins.
So I came back to where I can find answers from people that have lived with diabetes alot longer than I have, and have dealt with these problems
Thanks for having me back...

·
Registered
61 Posts
:welcome: jamusj :) Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you get your blood sugar under control soon, these boards have a wealth of information so i'm sure that will help :)

Reactions: jamusj
G

·
Hello Jamusj and welcome back. You have certainly been through the mill in the past couple of years.

As Aribella says, there is a lot of expertise here, so can you please tell us what you are eating, how you are exercising etc. so that the members can help with advice? I'm a newbie, so this is about as much as I can offer at this stage, other than moral support. :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hello Jamusj and welcome back. The "Trials of Job" come to mind.

Bear with it and keep attacking.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Welcome back and sorry for the intervening issues. Hope the chemo/radiation did the trick and you're in a permanent remission.

Good news that you're not leaving again. We're gonna hold you to it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts