The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post. I just need some guidance on whether I really have some form of diabetic neuropathy or whether it's another problem?

I am 48 years old, type 2, diagnosed in May 2010. Starting HbA1c was 11.2, with diet/exercise managed to get it down to 5.1 by April 2011 - at which point I decided to go onto 1,000 mcg Metformin/day (home test now shows A1c at 4.6).

But my numb patches of skin are still progressing. They are on: left outer heel, right heel and ankle, tips of big toes, outside of left foot, left knee (front), right knee (side), part of right buttock, and just below right shoulder blade.

While these patches are numb, there is no pain, burning or tingling as other people often describe.

I have searched the Internet for answers - but I am now confused whether it is directly related to diabetes? I have been tested for thyroid and Vitamin B - but all my blood numbers are good, as is my blood pressure and cholesterol.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm also curious about numbness. Some of my fingers and toes (tips, mainly) are numb, but it doesn't last, and varies from day to day which fingers or toes.

My blood sugars are a little high (ranging from 160-200), both fasting and pp. I'm on no meds at the moment (for the past 2 months, previously was Metformin and Lisinopril).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts