The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . Lacking the physical energy to get up and walk around the house, let alone a grocery store?

I have neuropathy 915 years now) in both feet, ankles, and the calves and shins, and the pain is constant. There are times that it is beyond what I think I can continue to handle, especially late at night, and early mornings.

My question is for those of you with neuropathy, and I simply want to know if there are days that the pain just zaps all of your energy out of you??? This is what I experience, and I really hate it! The pain is somewhat controlable with morphine and gabapentin, but the energy the pain takes away from me is unbelievable.

Today my wife and I took the dogs to the park for a walk, and by the time I reached the 1/4 mile sign, I was numb with pain and drained, like a dead battery! :eek:

I can put in 45 to 60 minutes of painful riding on my recumbent bike, but my feet, leg, and lower back no longer want to go on walks. I miss walking, because for twelve years, I walked 4 miles a day, five days a week, in under fifty minutes!

Does this happen to any of you, and do you have any secrets on how to handle the anger, frustration, and fatigue? I'd appreciate anything you can share.

Thanks, and Happy Resurrection Day!

Pastor Paul

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am pretty much on my feet all day at work...chasing kids and most days it's all I can do at the end of the day to move...as soon as I walk in the door my shoes are off and I just relax after that but the pain is always there...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Oh yeah..been there...done that...everyday
Actually, for the last 3 weeks I have been having the most annoying numbness and pain mixed together in both of my hands. It is now constant and everyday. My appointment is on 5/2 so hopefully he can adjust something to correct it. But I also suffer from fatigue. Personally I think I am just getting old and falling apart :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts