The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have had Type 1 diabetes for over 45 years and have been able to stay complication free.

I could use some advice but do not want to use this wonderful Forum for advertising. I recently finished an 18 month project writing a book on how to stay complications free and healthy as a diabetic.

My question is, does anyone know how I can get the word out into the diabetic community about my book and where people can get it. I wrote the book to help type 1 diabetics but have no marketing experience. Thank-you

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
One of our members Richard 157 published a similar book last year. You might want to private message him for suggestions.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello! I was a member of several diabetes websites/suport groups for 4 years before I wrote a book about type 1. There were many people who got to know me and wanted me to tell what it was like to be a diabetic in the 1940s and beyond. I started by writing blogs. A long series of blogs became very popular and I was encouraged to write a book. I did so and published in March, 2010. Since the owners knew me well, I was allowed to write about my book, but I asked each site administrator/owner for permission first.

You have the disadvantage of being an unknown. You could still ask for permission, using the private message option at the upper right on this page. On some diabetes sites you can pay for the permission to advertise.

Facebook is a great place to advertise. I have a Fan Page there and have made many diabetic friends. My book is all over my Fan Page, and copies have been sold there. Twitter is another possibility. Most of my copies have been sold on amazon.com and Kindle, but the diabetics online did the actual buying.

There are professional marketers you can hire to help. I have used one for several tasks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One way is too get it printed, perhaps 1000 copies (web search = small run book printing), then offer it on Amazon.com. Others do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts