1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Even as a Type 2, this may provide a new way of thinking. I am one of those thin type 2's, not on insulin yet but for a long time got huge bg spikes throughout the day. For a long while my bgs when they hit 120-130 I would always get a huge spike to 160-180. At one time I wondered if something was wrong with my glucagon signaling system. I'll have to do some more research on Leptin. In some of my readings I have come across Leptin Resistance.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well, to me it looks like six of one, half dozen of the other - whether it's insulin or leptin, or something else altogether, we'll still be using an exogenous substance to regulate blood sugar. Interesting research, but it doesn't sound as if there will be much of a change in the daily life of the members of our little club!

Jen

G

·
An interesting read. :) I'm wondering whether glucagon suppression could lead to people being overweight?.... afterall it's the hormone that burns the energy. They will have to really work on getting that one right I think. But it's definitely a different approach. I've often thought that diabetes is pretty much a hormone imbalance disease. It also explains our common "liver dumps" that most of us experience.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Glucagon

Glucagon may seem a devil in a diabetic's life but it's a natural thing that all of us have. If we were to be marooned on a island with no food as the liver would be a dearest friend as it will deploy Glucagon in our body.
In a healthy body Glucagon is used as a part of regulation as we appose this to Insulin thus giving us energy.

This study gives a more understanding to Endocrinology.

I would have thought that Glucagon as it's apart of us would be of some good use. Der Fred!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts