The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I just found out that my glucose level is at 318. I need help in finding the foods and fruits I can eat. If there are any websites which provides good insight on types of fruits and vegetables I can consume would really help. Thank you.

G

·
Hello everyone,
I just found out that my glucose level is at 318. I need help in finding the foods and fruits I can eat. If there are any websites which provides good insight on types of fruits and vegetables I can consume would really help. Thank you.
Stay away from most fruits (to much sugar), stay away from white flour, and stay away from carbohydrates. Learn to read labels when shopping.

And look here:

Diabetes Diet and Nutrition: Guide to Controlling, Preventing, and Healing Diabetes

B-T-W, hello, welcome to the board.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi

Try nutritiondata com...offers total info including glycemic load,inflammation,calories etc.

Find some whole grains to love & wholegrain breads & almond butter
& fall in love w/beans except fava & lupini.

Think Green with salads & veggies, & think decaf & no juices ...read all labels.........

Blessings on ya,
Fighting the good fight,
Mirmax

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hydration is most important. If you're drinking more coffee, tea and soda than water it's not good. You should be drinking at least 8 cups of water a day, especially when it's hot and you may be outside for long periods.

For now, seriously limit your intake of fruits in large amounts. If you have a meter for testing Blood Glucose and have seen a doctor or medical professional with diabetes as their specialty follow their instructions intently on how and when to take your readings.

Above all don't panic, keep a calm and possitive attitude because stress and panic can cause you to doubt or fall into confusion with your body signals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts