The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is Jaye, I live on Whidbey Island in Washington, USA. I'm new here but not new to diabetes. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in 1992. I have been through the mill of diets and drugs and even had to go on insulin because I did not have good blood sugar control. In 2003 I had a heart attack and a coronary shunt installed. While in the hospital I discovered that I was at least five years behind in knowledge about diabetes. I determined from that point on to learn all I could about the disease, and especially how to control it and get my life back. Now as I continue to learn I have some to give back. I hope I can both learn from and contribute to some of the folks here.

Jaye

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Thanks Jaye, I'm happy to see you here! I am sorry to hear about the problems you have had. Your attitude is very good. i hope your insulin is giving you much better control. I have used insulin for 63 years and I am dong vert well. I hope you will like our site and will learn what you need to know. Good luck!

Richard

G

·
Hello, and welcome to the forum. Your story is quite a lot like mine, although I was diagnosed back in 1984. I had a heart attack 4 years ago, and I had several stints installed.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome to our group. I am glad you decided to join us. I'll bet you have a lot of knowledge to share. I'm glad you decided to take your life back from diabetes.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello Jaye: :)

I'm sorry that you went through the scare of a heart attack. I'm not sure exactly what a stint is. It sounds like steel to me but it is probably a small plastic tube to keep the artery open?

We are Happy that you are here. We are always up for new experiences. Thank you for your contributions. Welcome!

G

·
Hello Jaye: :)

I'm sorry that you went through the scare of a heart attack. I'm not sure exactly what a stint is. It sounds like steel to me but it is probably a small plastic tube to keep the artery open?

We are Happy that you are here. We are always up for new experiences. Thank you for your contributions. Welcome!
Look here:

Stent Procedure

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Well, that's interesting. So they are made of steel(metal). Amazing what they can do. Thanks for that information John.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts