The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. I have been a type 2 diabetic for 42 years. I have injected insulin since day one...Maby I can learn something and maby I can be of help...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome mate, Im new too, but opposite to you been diagnosed 2 weeks ago, and going on insulin today, this forum has been a life line for me, full of great infomation, and loverly like minded people. I bet you have a wealth of experience, and am sure you would be able to help a lot of us.
welcome aboard

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
New to the forum. I have been a type 2 diabetic for 42 years. I have injected insulin since day one...Maby I can learn something and maby I can be of help...
I think you're right, Don - all of us can continue to learn & we can always be of help in some way, even if it's only to offer our own experiences & also accept others' experiences as valid.

Welcome to Diabetes Forum. Our mission is about good realistic management of diabetes, and there are many pathways to good management. This is not a battlefield for warring factions of the diet wars, or anything else.

Take care now. :cool:

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Don. I know you well from that "other" forum. I agree that you can bring a lot of useful and helpful info to the forum, especially as a Type 1 and with your history of heart illness. I still remember our conversation on statins. :)

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum, Don. I know you well from that "other" forum. I agree that you can bring a lot of useful and helpful info to the forum, especially as a Type 1 and with your history of heart illness. I still remember our conversation on statins. :)
Yep, remember you too ..I hope this is not another diet war forum. I will depart in a heart beat if it is....

Reactions: Shanny

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"This is not a battlefield for warring factions of the diet wars, or anything else."

If it is ?? I will not be bothering you...

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dura....Love you folks..Married a English Girl in 1963 still hanging around with her...Was US Submarine Sailor of 11 years...pen a lot ot time in the pacific , however, never made it downunder....thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Although we do have a lot of low carbers here , I think we are very respectful of people's diet choices. We do believe in personal responsibility and finding a lifestyle that works specifically for your specific diabetes. Welcome to the site.

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Although we do have a lot of low carbers here , I think we are very respectful of people's diet choices. We do believe in personal responsibility and finding a lifestyle that works specifically for your specific diabetes. Welcome to the site.
Don't have a problem with low carbers...I think eating low carb is a necessity for any diabetis..it's is when the topic becomes no-carbs is where I draw the line..:)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Welcome dturney! Glad to have another like-minded individual to add to the advice that is greater than gold around here! I don't think anyone here would tell you that all carbs are "bad" and that you should not eat any of them. Some of us can handle a little bit of carb, and others cannot. What I have learned that I personally think is the most valuable information is that as a diabetic, you must eat to your meter. You may be able to handle a whole wheat pasta whereas I cannot. All flour, whether white, brown, whole grain, etc. etc. just is not accepted right now by my system. Perhaps sometime in the future I will be able to add some type of pasta back into my diet, but for now I must forgo. I could of course choose to ignore my spikes and eat it anyway because I love Pasta, but I'd like to hang on to my toes and fingers, and eye sight, and kidneys...you get the drift. I envy those who are able to handle some carbs. I kinda miss them...:( But, no worries! I can survive without them. But, you have no worries about anyone here telling you that eating a carb is a sin and you cannot be a part of this group if you do. We love all! Come join us and offer some good advice, perhaps a great low-carb recipe you've come across, or just to pick up a tip or two. I've found a home here and I'm not leaving for nothing! Been on the "other" diabetes forum and people there were nasty! I don't need nasty people; I need supportive friends. I think that is what I've found here. No, I take that back; I don't think I have, I KNOW I have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts