The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I wanted to enter a big forum instead of my local Danish forum, simply because of the risk of our local forum missing out. Is this forum globally oriented, or "only" US?

Myself, Type 1 for 17 years, well regulated, written a book on being a diabetic in Denmark. I have much good to say about the Danish hospital treatments where I go for check up every 4 months. I would be interested in know what you do in your country. In Denmark everything but the insulin is free, how is it for you?

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
We are an international forum, Abach . . . headquartered in London, and reaching around the globe. Thank you for joining us - it's always good to have "veterans" come aboard - the learning curve with this disorder is continual & there's so much experience here for diabetes newbies like me. :D

·
Registered
633 Posts
well unfortunately the greed of the american society has made it so that even advice from a doctor is not free let alone anything else. The other thing is the liability that we all have to pay for thats the drugs here cost more and are the same drugs sold elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Hi all
I wanted to enter a big forum instead of my local Danish forum, simply because of the risk of our local forum missing out. Is this forum globally oriented, or "only" US?

Myself, Type 1 for 17 years, well regulated, written a book on being a diabetic in Denmark. I have much good to say about the Danish hospital treatments where I go for check up every 4 months. I would be interested in know what you do in your country. In Denmark everything but the insulin is free, how is it for you?
Hi and welcome to the forum! Always nice to meet new people! I am in the USA and its really different for everyone depending on your situation. I have private insurance through the place that I work. I am responsible for a $30 co-pay when I see my endocrinologist...that covers the visit and all my lab work. I buy my insulin in 3 month supplies and pay $90, my pump supplies come in 3 month supplies also for $92. My testing supplies are free to me. I consider myself quite fortunate actually to have the coverage I have...many people do not have good medical coverage.

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'm new with diabetes - we are all at different points on our journey here.

Glad you joined us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts