The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Diagnosed with diabetes two weeks before x-mas with a BG of
20 and a week later with metformin down to 14.

Now I have been trying to control it with a low carb diet since
and since my average BG is about 6.2 with fasting numbers below
6.5. I think I am off to a good start and hopping to gain
more knowledge.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello all.

more knowledge.
:welcome: to the forum. The web has made this a small world, and your post is an example ot that. I am your neighbor, just a few thousand miles South of you, and I extend to you my cyber-hand of friendship, and hope that you find the support, resources, and friendship on this forum that I've found.

Pastor Paul :amen:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome: from this Albertan :)

... wait ... Gatineau isn't the capital of Canada! You're on the wrong side of the river! :peace:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
... wait ... Gatineau isn't the capital of Canada! You're on the wrong side of the river! :peace:
(I decided to keep still about that & let you Canadians sort it out among yourselves . . . :D
But I'll admit I was doin' some head-scratchin' . . . :rolleyes:)

G

·
Welcome AcadianFury :) that's some christmas present you got! It sounds to me that you have a good handle on controlling your BGLs. Well done! I'm type 2 also and now on full time insulin. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, for the welcome ad yes I know where Ottawa and Gatineau are situated, just thought it was easier that way.

I am trying the low card way and for the most part keeping my readings below 7.5 but still having some issues with my fasting. I am on 3 500mg of metformin daily and my mornings vary from 5.4 to 7.1.

I have done my bloodwork yesterday to see my doc in a couple of weeks. Very interested to see what my A1C will be

Such an informative place thank you for a great community

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hello all.

more knowledge.
Hello AcadianFury and :welcome: to Diabetes Forum! There is a wealth of information on here so read what interests you and if you can't find something, just do a search. I hope that you will feel comfortable here. Please visit often and take care.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've never heard of someone on 3500 mg of metformin. I am on 2550 mg and I was told that was the maximum. Do you get any side effects with that amount of met?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I don't know what math scale she is using but I only see 1500 mg a day. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We are glad you are here. I hope you come back and post often. There is a lot of informationa and encouragement to be had here! Good luck.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I don't know what math scale she is using but I only see 1500 mg a day. Keep up the good work.
I saw 3 500 mg and assumed it was 3,500 not 3 x 500. Sometimes I read too fast. I thought that sounded like a lot.

G

·
I saw 3 500 mg and assumed it was 3,500 not 3 x 500. Sometimes I read too fast. I thought that sounded like a lot.
I was always told by my doc the max dose he can prescribe here is 3000mg. I know US is even less than this and I'm not sure about Canada.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts