The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I found this wonderful forum last week and decided to join in after browsing through several posts.

I was diagnosed pre diabetes earlier this year. Having said that, I managed to get rid of it during the Spring by completely changing my lifestyle.

After changing my earlier lousy diet for healthier choices and starting to exercise regularly, my fasting plasma glucose came down from 7.0 mmol/L to 5.2 mmol/L and HbA1c from 46 mmol/mol to 32 mmol/mol after one month or so.

My aim is to try to give as much assistance about my experiences in this forum as possible and help members to bring their blood sugar down as well.

Thanks, Mike. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
9,422 Posts
Excellent results, Mike. We're glad you decided to be a part of this great group of diabetics.

-------------------------------

FYI - for those of us who aren't familiar with the new A1C numbers.

HbA1C
Old %…. New mmols/mol

4.0… 20
4.5… 26
5.0… 31
5.5… 37
6.0… 42
7.0… 53
7.5… 58
8.0… 64
8.5… 69
9.0… 75
9.5… 80
10… 86

Extracted from a chart here https://freestylediabetes.co.uk/what-is-diabetes/what-makes-glucose-levels-rise-and-fall/HbA1c

·
Registered
T2
1,282 Posts
Excellent results, Mike. We're glad you decided to be a part of this great group of diabetics.

-------------------------------

FYI - for those of us who aren't familiar with the new A1C numbers.

HbA1C
Old %…. New mmols/mol

4.0… 20
4.5… 26
5.0… 31
5.5… 37
6.0… 42
7.0… 53
7.5… 58
8.0… 64
8.5… 69
9.0… 75
9.5… 80
10… 86

Extracted from a chart here https://freestylediabetes.co.uk/what-is-diabetes/what-makes-glucose-levels-rise-and-fall/HbA1c
Thank you for posting these. I had no idea there was a change.

·
Registered
T2
1,282 Posts
Hello!

I found this wonderful forum last week and decided to join in after browsing through several posts.

I was diagnosed pre diabetes earlier this year. Having said that, I managed to get rid of it during the Spring by completely changing my lifestyle.

After changing my earlier lousy diet for healthier choices and starting to exercise regularly, my fasting plasma glucose came down from 7.0 mmol/L to 5.2 mmol/L and HbA1c from 46 mmol/mol to 32 mmol/mol after one month or so.

My aim is to try to give as much assistance about my experiences in this forum as possible and help members to bring their blood sugar down as well.

Thanks, Mike. :smile2:
Welcome to the forum Mike. I'm also a newbie. I was diagnosed in May :sad2:. I'm so glad I found this forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here. I told my doc about this place, and he was pleased. Not all doctors know everything about diabetes. Some of these folks have been diabetics for a long time and keep their sugar levels under control. So, yeah, I'm going to listen to what they have to say. They give me so much hope. There is no judging here, just help and support.

Hope to see you around :vs_coffee:

·
Super Moderator
10,022 Posts
Hi MikeRay, welcome to the forum. You have everything moving in the right direction.

We need need all the help we can get on getting out the word about what works to manage our BG. The odds are against many of the newly diagnosed as the medical professionals continue to pass on the recommendations that hasn't yet worked. It is an uphill battle, but we have to keep climbing.

Thanks for being proactive about your diabetes management and stepping up to help others. Looking forward to hearing more from and about you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts