The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Steve, meat and cheese aren't the problem! But as you've been told, eat good cheese, which should not be a problem where you live! Full fat always is the best choice. Gee, I wish I had your choices, but I eat the best I can find in Louisiana and I love steaks (fatty of course) and a big salad, but ask for another green vegetable instead of the potato. Or, a sweet potato if that's a choice and tons of butter (that works for me, but maybe not for you). I pass on the bread, unless it smells really good and is special...in that case, I have to ask for more butter to use on it...and not eat a lot of it! Read Dr. Richard Bernstein's web site. The Atkins diet worked great for me...moderated with some Bernstein ideas. Give your girlfriend a copy of a Dana Carpentar cookbooks for inspiration. Also, let her read our recipe section for ideas.

Good luck, and tell us how it's going....

Oh, ED is not unheard of, but losing some of that weight and eating right will right things I'm sure. And, you can't 'cure' diabetes, but if you climb on the wagon with low carb/high fat, you'll perhaps postpone or even control the issue for years.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts