The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in January 2010. I've been taking metformin (lowest dosage) and will be going back to my doc for my first check up since I started the meds.
I've tried to change my life a bit, brown rice, cut down on crabs, no chips, definitely no fries or fast food, no sweets, no ice cream, etc.
I've been doing well so far and then I started exercising, Wii EA active sports more workouts and I got my wife into it too. It's fun and I actually feel better now that I'm exercising 4 times out of the week. I haven't lost any weight... but I think I've actually lost some fat and replaced it with muscle so that's good.
I am planning on doing a new diet and wanted to post here to get some feedback. As I do not want to accidentally damage any organs trying this new diet. But I thought I'd say hello first! I am 36 and have a daughter 2 years old. I've considered being diagnosed with diabetes almost a godsend because it's given me the motivation to get off my butt and work out. I've been thin thru high school but with work and stress I found it easier to let go for the past several years.
Anyways hello.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi there, I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in January 2010. I've been taking metformin (lowest dosage) and will be going back to my doc for my first check up since I started the meds.
I've tried to change my life a bit, brown rice, cut down on crabs, no chips, definitely no fries or fast food, no sweets, no ice cream, etc.
I've been doing well so far and then I started exercising, Wii EA active sports more workouts and I got my wife into it too. It's fun and I actually feel better now that I'm exercising 4 times out of the week. I haven't lost any weight... but I think I've actually lost some fat and replaced it with muscle so that's good.
I am planning on doing a new diet and wanted to post here to get some feedback. As I do not want to accidentally damage any organs trying this new diet. But I thought I'd say hello first! I am 36 and have a daughter 2 years old. I've considered being diagnosed with diabetes almost a godsend because it's given me the motivation to get off my butt and work out. I've been thin thru high school but with work and stress I found it easier to let go for the past several years.
Anyways hello.
Welcome to our forum! You have come to the right place for information & support. Sounds like you are doing a good job in controlling your diabetes. Keep up the good work. Ask all the questions you want on here.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Anyways hello.
Good to meet you! Sounds like you are very motivated..thats a good thing :) Are your sugars well controlled with metformin, diet and exercise? The Wii is awesome isnt it? I love the Sports game and the Wii Fit is fun too! Nice to have a fun way to get myself up off my lazy behind!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts