The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I found the forum through Googling. I have been a Type 1 Diabetic since I was 4 1/2 years old, and have been on an insulin pump the last 10+ years. I have pretty good control over my diabetes but overall it could be a bit better.

Came here mainly looking to hear from people about what sort of testers they're using/recommend (as mine, affordable as the strips are, is a pain trying to download any readings off it). If anyone can help point me in the direction of any Sub-Forums that cover equipment/glucose monitors/testers, I'd really appreciate it!! :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
Hi, DonkeyKongo!

Welcome!

There's lots of information here about better controlling blood glucose, including diet, exercise, etc. I see you already posted in the Diabetes forum asking about blood glucose meters; that's probably the best location. I know this is a topic which is discussed often.

Your best bet at the moment would be to search that forum (click/tap on the Search This Forum link on the red banner naming the forum) and then search for meter. If you have something you're looking for in particular, include that term, too, like "meter easy to read". Folks here can comment on your request as well, but not everyone repeats themselves, so you might as well get all the backstory you can!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hello, I found the forum through Googling. I have been a Type 1 Diabetic since I was 4 1/2 years old, and have been on an insulin pump the last 10+ years. I have pretty good control over my diabetes but overall it could be a bit better.

Came here mainly looking to hear from people about what sort of testers they're using/recommend (as mine, affordable as the strips are, is a pain trying to download any readings off it). If anyone can help point me in the direction of any Sub-Forums that cover equipment/glucose monitors/testers, I'd really appreciate it!! :smile2:

check this url out. just approved in US
https://www.freestylelibre.us/

Reactions: skypeace

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi DonkeyKongo, I have a similar story - diagnosed at around 4 1/2 and have been living with it for 51 years. I never went with the pump - on average I give myself 4 shots a day Humulog and Lantus.

And yes, like yourself I have pretty fair control of my diabetes condition but I could always do better. I try to balance quality of life and diabetes management and will enjoy the occasional things that I shouldn't eat or drink. It's easy for me to say this as I have never experienced any complications.

I might feel differently about that if I did have complications.

For me I probably place the most attention on activity - a little bit more difficult during the winter months.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts