Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

New Here Type 1

4K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  cjmobxnc 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, im new to this forum and this disease. I just turned 21 this summer and was luvvin life. Im a big guy i was 6-3 200lbs..i go to the gym 4 times a week. In about a month and a half I lost about 30lbs, was drinking 3 gallons of water, was peeing sometimes twice in an hour, and had really bad muscle cramps. I went to the doc for a check up and after i told him my symptoms, he tested my sugar, and after fasting it was 272. At times I would check and it would be in the low 500s. Its been about a week, my bloodwork came back, its definately type 1. Ive somewhat got it under control its between 100-250 now. Im starting to get really frustrasted having to shoot up all the time and eating 2 slices of whole rye bread all day for carbs. I dont know if I could do this the rest of my life :S

#30 ·
Ronda, I used to drink a six-pack a day, but I noticed about the time my sugar started going up, all I really wanted was water. Weird, huh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.