The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gals and guys. Saying hi and following protocol. This is my first health-related forum to join. Comes with age I guess. Finally made 50 earlier this month.

Diagnosed in '03, but in hindsight was symptomatic since at least '99. I managed it well the first couple of years to the point I was totally off meds within 3 months of being prescribed them.

Then something happened over the years, what's the word for it . . . . moron. That's it. I became a moron and stopped watching what I put in my mouth. I quit exercising. What did I think, that I was "cured"?

By '07 I had graduated back to glip and then in '08 became a pin cushion which is where I am at now. I am also now 20 lbs.over what I have been all my life; a pudgy 190 vs an swift 170. Twenty pounds might not be much for a 6'4" man, but I am just a 5'7" leprechaun and we don't have anywhere to put that kind of baggage. It truly feels like baggage to me!

So, I am locked in a struggle with myself. You other Gemini's may know how frustrating it is to be locked in a struggle with yourselves. :fencing:

I've had a colorful life and overcome many obstacles but this is far and away the hardest thing I have faced. If I were to list some of the others it would make no sense to most of you that this should even compare. Nonetheless, here I am. I think my early easy "victory" made me think I had it licked, and now I have sucker-punched myself in a sense. Not moping about it just giving the full monty on where I am in the fight. I aim to correct it . . . again.

So that is my intro. Thanks to the Admin for this forum and the Mods who do the housework. I'll go ask my question now when I find the appropriate section. Kevin.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I guess that we have all been there and some are still struggling to atchive better than we are now. :)
Welcome to our place on the web whare you can ask questions on what to understand what you want to know. :D

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Kevin, welcome aboard! I will go and look for your question now.

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts