The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm 7 months preggers with my first. Didnt have diabetes before pregnancy- but went in for the routine test: had results of: fasting 91 mg/DL, 206 mg/DL 1 hour after & 97 mg/DL 2 hours after my glucose tolerance test @ 28 weeks. so now they have me on this strict diet & have me testing my blood sugar 6 times a day. It's been a great learning experience so far... Cuz I'm getting real time experience on what food, exercise & when I eat does to my body. So far- since I've been testing my fasting mg/DL has been <90 & two hours after meals has been <120... all on a really balanced diet. Two times I have eaten high carb poor choices & my 2 hour after meal reading was >120... but at least I'm putting two & two together & figuring out what foods are "healthy". This is a Fabulous way for me to learn how to "prevent" or reverse type 2 if- god forbid- I ever get it. It definitely runs in my family.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Welcome, Newmammajamma! :welcome:

You'll find lots of info and support here.

I know, like, nothing about gestational diabetes, but it looks like you're on the right track. Every one of us makes the occasional oopsie.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

G

·
welcome :) it sounds like you're getting things under control there. I'm sure you'll find this a great place for support and info. Keep us posted on how you're doing... not long until your bub is due... you must be excited!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi. I'm 7 months preggers with my first. Didnt have diabetes before pregnancy- but went in for the routine test: had results of: fasting 91 mg/DL, 206 mg/DL 1 hour after & 97 mg/DL 2 hours after my glucose tolerance test @ 28 weeks. so now they have me on this strict diet & have me testing my blood sugar 6 times a day. It's been a great learning experience so far... Cuz I'm getting real time experience on what food, exercise & when I eat does to my body. So far- since I've been testing my fasting mg/DL has been <90 & two hours after meals has been <120... all on a really balanced diet. Two times I have eaten high carb poor choices & my 2 hour after meal reading was >120... but at least I'm putting two & two together & figuring out what foods are "healthy". This is a Fabulous way for me to learn how to "prevent" or reverse type 2 if- god forbid- I ever get it. It definitely runs in my family.
Hello and :welcome: to the forum! I hope you will feel comfortable here. There is a wealth of information here on the forum, read what interests you and if you have trouble finding a specific topic, just do a search by typing your topic in the white box on the forum page. I hope that you will have time to visit often and take care!

Reactions: bob
1 - 4 of 4 Posts