The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am new to this site as well as being new go the how diabetic thing....my step daughter was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago with type1 she will be 10 in July . She has handled things so well she is already giving herself shots and knows how to figure out her units(always with adult supervision)I am looking forward to learning a lot more info and meeting new people....

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I know nothing about juvenile diabetes, but have to say you have one special stepdaughter. What a trooper, already giving herself shots and engaged in managing her diabetes - sounds like you're all quite a team :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome BobbiJo!

What a trooper she is! Thats awesome that you care enough to check this site out. You will definately learn a lot of info to share with your daughter.
I have 3 stepsons of my own and I love them to death. The help me the best they can desling with this too.

Welcome aboard. Looking for to getting to know you & your daughter.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Welcome, Bobbijo. I'm sorry to hear about your step-daughter, bless her heart. I don't have a clue when it comes to juvenile diabetes or type 1, and can only imagine how difficult it must be to try and feed a diabetic 9 year old. About all I can do to hopefully help you out is to recommend the low carb pizza recipe I posted in the recipe section a couple of days ago, since I know most kids love pizza. The best of luck to you both.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome, Bobbijo! :welcome:

Glad you found us ... sorry you had to!

You've found a place full of info and great support.

Other than that, I have just one word for you and your daughter:

RESPECT!

You're both major troopers!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I was diagnosed in 1945, when I was 6, and am very healthy. Your step daughter can have a long, healthy life is she takes good care of herself. She is off to a good start. There is another diabetes site that was created for parents of diabetic children, it is ideal for people like you. Here is the link:

children with DIABETES Online Community

Good luck to you and your family in the years ahead!

Richard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts